Support can come in many forms – spiritual, professional and from local non-profits.
- A beautiful daily prayer: Each Day Prayer
- How to help your loved one through Holy Listening
- Litany: Living with Mental Illness
- A Parents Prayer
- Rosary Meditations for those with Mental Illness
- Saint Dymphna is the patron Saint for Mental Illness
- Scripture verses of comfort
- Association of Catholic Mental Health Ministers Chicago Chapter
- The Loving Outreach to Survivors of Suicide or LOSS Program: This is for family members and friends who have lost someone through suicide. Contact: (312) 655-7283 or email email@example.com.
For faith-based support at our parish or to ask for prayers, please reach out to the parish office at 847-253-5353.
- Catholic Charities Counseling Support Line: (312) 948-6951 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Catholic Therapists.com
- Christian Counselors Samaritan Counseling; Grant Stenzel – Stenzel Clinical Services
- Catholic Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Catholic Charities: Addiction Counseling and Education Services (ACES)
- AMITA Health Center for Mental Health: 847-952-7460
- Kenneth Young Center: 847−524−8800
- Recovery Centers of America: 800-RECOVERY
- American Addiction Centers (AAC) 888-684-4191
- Delphi Behavioral Health Group (855) 691-0744
Non-profit support groups:
- NAMI – National Alliance on Mental Illness – 847-496-1415 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: (SAMHSA Helpline: 1-800-662-4357)
- DBSA – Depression Bipolar Support Alliance – (847) 495-2574 or email@example.com
- AA – Alcoholics Anonymous – 312-346-1475.
- Al Anon and AlaTeen– For family members and friends of individuals struggling with Alcohol – 847-358-0338; Alateen chat
- For relatives and friends concerned about use of drugs or related behavioral problems: 847-795-8320, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Emergency Information: Click HERE
For Educational Resources: Click HERE