- Call: 911
- Indicate it is a mental health emergency
- Request an officer trained in Crisis Intervention
Officers trained in Crisis Intervention understand how to de-escalate situations and strive for the best possible outcome in a mental health emergency. Click here to know what to expect when you call the police and request a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) officer. Source: Vision for Change is an organization that provides mental health crisis training to 1st responders.
- 24 hour crisis line: AMITA Health, Center for Mental Health, Arlington Heights: 847-952-7460.
- Crisis Team: Alexian Brothers AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates (24-hour): 800-432-5005
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- The Living Room: provides immediate peer support for stress, crisis and mental health concerns and is a possible alternative to an emergency room visit. 847-933-9292, located in Skokie
For Support Resources: Click HERE
For Educational Resources: Click HERE