If you feel unsafe or are experiencing a mental health emergency:
- Call: 911
- Indicate it is a mental health emergency
- Request an officer trained in Crisis Intervention
If you or a loved one feel unsafe or are experiencing a mental health emergency, call 911, indicate it is a mental health emergency and request an officer trained in Crisis Intervention. Click here for suicide prevention information including warning signs and what to do.
Officers trained in Crisis Intervention understand how to de-escalate situations and strive for the best possible outcome in a mental health emergency. Click here to know what to expect when you call the police and request a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) officer. Source: Vision for Change is an organization that provides mental health crisis training to 1st responders.
- 24 hour crisis line: AMITA Health, Center for Mental Health, Arlington Heights: 847-952-7460.
- Crisis Team: Alexian Brothers AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates (24-hour): 800-432-5005
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to: 741741. Trained crisis counselors respond
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 option 1; confidential chat: Text 838255
- Substance Use Disorders:
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 847-359-3311, aa.org
- Opioids & Other Substances: 1-833-234-6343 or text HELP to 833234 or visit HelplineIL.org.
- CARES Line (24 hour) 1 (800) 345-9049 TTY: 1 (773) 523-4504 — Referral to services for children, youth, and families
- Illinois Warm Line: MF 8 am – 8 pm: 866-359-7953 –Mental health peer support – for yourself and families
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) HelpLine: M-F 9am – 9pm: 1-800-950-6264 or email@example.com
- Village of Arlington Heights Health & Human Services: Nicole Espinoza: 847-368-5792
- The Living Room: provides immediate peer support for stress, crisis and mental health concerns and is a possible alternative to an emergency room visit. 847-933-9292, located in Skokie
For Support Resources: Click HERE
For Educational Resources: Click HERE