The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is designed for adults who, after hearing the mystery of Christ proclaimed, consciously and freely seek the living God. Together we will learn about the Catholic Faith and enter the way of faith and conversion as the Holy Spirit opens our hearts. By God’s help, members of our RCIA group will be strengthened spiritually during a period of learning and preparation and at the proper time will receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation. Please call the Parish Office to become part of our group. We meet on Tuesday nights from September until Easter.
Who Joins RCIA?
- Non-Catholic adults (and children) interested in finding out more about the Roman Catholic faith tradition
- Non-Catholic adults (and children) wishing to join the Catholic Church and receive its sacraments
- Cradle-Catholics who may never have received the sacraments of Eucharist and/or Confirmation
- Cradle-Catholics who have been away from practice of their faith for an extended period
- Married couples of mixed religious faith, one Catholic and one non-Catholic, who wish to unite in our religious tradition for the sake of their children’s religious training and upbringing
Who Else Joins RCIA?
- Wayside parish volunteers who serve in the program as…
- RCIA Team Members
- Sponsors to candidates
- Assisting with hospitality
- Acting as catechists and speakers
- Periodic Assistance
For more information, contact:
Deacon Paul Onischuk