Mass and Liturgy Schedule
Until further notice, the Archdiocese has suspended Masses throughout the Diocese.
Mass viewing is available through the following sources:
- EWTN televises Mass Daily at 7am CT.
- The Archdiocese broadcasts and records Sunday Mass from Holy Name Cathedral here: https://radiotv.archchicago.org/television/broadcast-masses.
- The WGN-TV Channel 9 broadcasts the Sunday Mass at Mercy Home for Boys and Girls at 9:30 a.m.
- Relevant Radio broadcasts daily mass at noon on their website: https://relevantradio.com
- Daily Mass from the Chapel of Bishop Robert Barron: https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/
- St James Parish is posting weekday and Sunday Mass at 10:30am on their website: https://www.stjamesah.org
- Sunday Mass from Sacred Heart Basilica at the The University of Notre Dame will be available live on CatholicTV at 9am CT. On weekdays, Mass will be livestreamed from the Basilica at 10:30am CT.
Lenten Fast and Abstinence Rules
Abstinence from meat is to be observed by all Catholics 14 years and older on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and on all the Fridays of Lent.
Fasting is to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday by all Catholics who are 18 years of age but not yet 59. Those who are bound by this may take only one full meal. Two smaller meals are permitted if necessary to maintain strength according to one’s needs, but eating solid food between meals is not permitted.