Celebrate 70 Fun Fact
After living in the original ‘shack’ rectory for eight months, Fr. O’Hara moved to a home at 821 S. Mitchell, purchased by the parish to be used as a rectory.
On May 24, 1953 – Feast of Our Lady of the Wayside – ground was broken for the construction of a school building with space for a temporary church, convent and meeting hall. Msgr. Cooke laid the cornerstone.
Tags: #celebrate70!, #olw, #olwparish, #olwschool