Celebrate 70 Fun Fact

Posted on February 28, 2023 by Published by


On June 30, 1952, Father Harold T. O’Hara, previously assistant pastor at St. Francis Xavier Church in La Grange, was called to the Archdiocesan Chancery Office and asked to build a new parish on the south side of Arlington Heights. About 250 families resided within the parish’s boundaries.

The original parish property had an old shack, which Fr. O’Hara used as a temporary rectory.

Father O’Hara rented the gym at South School where the first Sunday Mass was celebrated on July 27, 1952.

Our Founder…


Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed here.