REP Update: Weeks of November 6 & 13
Here’s the REP schedule for the weeks of November 6 & 13…
Collection of Much Needed Items for St. Joseph House – bring in donations by Tuesday, 11/7.
Sunday, November 5
- 9:30 am, Family Mass
- 5:00 pm, 7th and 8th grade Online Confirmation Meeting
Tuesday, November 7
- 5:00 pm, 1st-4th grades, drop off at Elementary Bldg, pick up at church at 6:30 pm
- 6:00 pm, 5th-8th grades, drop off at church, pick up at Middle School at 7:15 pm
- 6:00 pm, November Mass for REP – parents please join us!
- DEADLINE – Drop off donated items for St. Joseph House
Sunday, November 12
- 10:30 am, Family Home Study/Faith into Action
- 4:00 pm, Grade 8 Encounter Sunday
All Saints’ and All Souls’ Days
All Saints’ Day is one of six holy days of obligation in the United States. It is celebrated annually on November 1. It is the church’s way of reminding us of our final destination in paradise, if we are faithful to the teachings of Christ. All the saints are part of our family; we are sons and daughters of the same heavenly Father through Jesus Christ.
Interesting fact: Halloween is supposed to be the anticipation of the celebration of All Saints’ Day. The day after All Saints’ Day is All Souls’ Day (November 2), a day to remember and pray for our loved ones who have died.
From: What should my kids know about All Saints’ Day? – Catholic HeraldTags: #olwparish, #olwrep, #ourladyofthewayside, #religiouseducation, #REP