Welcome to Respect Life Month!
October is the month of Our Lady but also when we celebrate the joy and dignity of every human life. This year’s theme from the USCCB is Radical Solidarity. Join us for a month of prolife events and look for more information on how to participate in the coming bulletins, on this website and on our social media channels.
October 1 | Mass
We launch Respect Life month with Respect Life Sunday. Meet the Respect Life Ministry a tour table by the Gathering Place.
October 13 | Novena
The Respect Life Novena begins! This novena prays for the protection of human life, with a different pro-life prayer intention each day.
October 21 | March for Life
Northwest Families March for Life in Palatine
St. Theresa Dolan Center, 455 N Benton, Palatine, IL
October 22 – 24 | 40 hours of Perpetual Adoration
Join us in offering 40 straight hours of prayer for life. REGISTER HERE and join us for donuts after mass on October 22.
October 30 | Last Day for Donations
Last day for baby shower donations and Amazon registry for the Aid for Women pregnancy center
40 ways to be ProLife right now!
- Attend pro-life events
- Stay educated and learn abortion apologetics – www.abort73.com and www.secularprolife.org
- Join prayer vigils at abortion facilities: NorthWestFamiliesforLife.weebly.com or 40daysforlife.com
- Host a pro-life movie night at your church or home – see a list of movies at www.studentsforlife.org/pro-life-movies/
- Write letters to the editor and letters of encouragement to pro-life politicians
- Donate pro-life books or magazine subscriptions to schools and libraries.
- Support chastity education for teens and marriage/abstinence curriculum for schools: Respectlifechicago.org and
- Support families with a prenatal diagnosis, www.prenatalpartnersforlife.org
- Share about life-affirming infertility support – Springsinthedesert.org
- Patronize pro-life doctors – Find one here: www.aaplog.org
- Share pro-life facts on your social channels like anything from www.AbortionFacts.com
- Follow prolife leaders on Instagram and share to your stories: prolifeabbyjohnson, marykatezander, lilaroseofficial or crusadersforlife_chicago
- Attend funerals for abandoned babies or sew angel gowns – RestInHisArms.org
- Get your friends together for a pro-life book club. See books here: www.bit.ly/prolifebooks.
- Donate goods, money or volunteer at a Pregnancy Resource Center – find one here: Illinoisrighttolife.org/pregnancy-center/
- Donate goods, money or volunteer at a home for women in crisis pregnancies – Thewellofmercy.com or
- Talk to your pastor about preaching prolife. Free letters here Cherishlifeministries.com
- Use a prolife realtor the next time you buy or sell your home: RealEstateForLIfe.org
- Only shop pro-life
- Wear pro-life t-shirts from Prolifetshirts.com
- Wear a precious feet pin daily.
- Donate baby goods or have a diaper drive for a pregnancy center.
- Organize seniors at nursing homes for pray for those at vigils.
- Support pro-life candidates. Inform others! Go to Illinoisfamily.org
- Spiritually adopt a baby for nine months Spiritualadoption.org
- Encourage your college student to join or start a StudentsForlife.org group
- Tell the nurses you know to join NursesForLife.org.
- Knit baby booties for sidewalk counselors to show the women the reality of the baby in their womb. Contact Maria for patterns NWFL526@gmail.com
- Help those working in the abortion industry to leave via Abby Johnson’s ministry And Then There Were None. Get letters at Abortionworker.com
- Invite Northwest Families for Life to speak – Call Laura, 847-651-4877, NWFL526@gmail.com
- Get prolife health insurance: Prolifehealthplan.com or CHMinistries.org
- Check the Walking with Moms website, WalkingWithMoms.weebly.com
- Only support life-affirming charities: ALL.org/get-involved
- Participate in Face the Truth tour ProLifeAction.org
- Talk to your children! Don’t be afraid to share details when they are young. Priestsforlife.org/preaching/prchild.html for tips
- Create a legally binding will to live from NRLC.org/uploads/willtolive/Illinois.pdf
- Stand strong against assisted suicide – visit NancyValko.com
- Visit the Blessed Sacrament and spend an hour with God praying against abortion
- Pass out cards to high school Child Development class teachers about the Baby Safe Haven Law. Nationalsafehavenalliance.org
- Join the Our Lady of the Wayside Respect Life ministry RespectLife@olwparish.org
PRAY EVERY DAY for the conversion of hearts and renewed respect for the dignity of life.Tags: #abortion, #olw, #olwparish, #ourladyofthewayside, #prolife, #respectlife, #respectlifemonth