Celebrate 70 Fun Fact: Convent Construction

Posted on July 10, 2023 by Published by

Our Lady of the Wayside Convent (initial phase), 1956

In August 1954, four Dominican Sisters who had been teaching OLW students took up temporary residence in a separate section of the school building. Construction of a convent began on October 27, 1955, and the Sisters looked forward to its completion and having – for the first time – their own living quarters.

The projected budget for the permanent convent was $140,00 and it was originally built to house 13 nuns.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed here.