Holiday Stress and Mental Health
From the Archdiocese Commission on Mental Illness & NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness)
The Archdiocese Commission on Mental Illness has an article with ideas on handling holiday stress. Here are a few tips from the article. Click HERE to read the full article.
- Help loved ones figure out how to handle some of the stress of family gatherings (i.e. how to answer tough questions during family time, identify a task to focus on during gatherings, how
long to stay, places to go to take breaks etc…).
- Set boundaries around time spent on holiday tasks. An afternoon shopping at a couple stores is more manageable than a full day at the mall.
- Prioritize quiet time with God by creating a special holy space with a candle, cross or picture to connect with Jesus.
If you or someone you love is looking for help:
- The Suicide / Mental Health Crisis Helpline: 988
- Crisis Text line- text “HOME to 741741
- Our Mental Health Ministry Webpage for resources and educational info