COVID 19 Guidelines for Christmas Masses at OLW
With the Omicron variant of COVID 19 spiking across the nation, professional sports teams missing games, and venues like the Rockettes and Second City canceling performances, we remain hopeful that the State of Illinois and the Archdiocese of Chicago will continue to allow churches, including Our Lady of the Wayside, to remain open for the Christmas Season. Knock on wood… our doors remain open as Christmas quickly approaches.
That said, for health and well-being of all parishioners, our priests, and staff, the Archdiocese issued guidance to assure — to the greatest extent possible — the safety of all who will attend Mass this Christmas Season. We ask that all parishioners and visitors review and comply with the following guidelines.
The Archdiocese of Chicago Safety Guideline for Masses during Covid 19
Masks must be worn by all participants for the duration of the Mass.
When receiving Holy Communion:
- As the communicant approaches the priest or extraordinary minister, he/she receives the Host in the hand.
- The communicant steps six feet to the side, removes the mask or face covering, uncovering the mouth, and consumes the Host.
- The communicant replaces the mask over the mouth and nose and returns to his/her seat.
At Our Lady of the Wayside:
- All the Christmas masses will be full, so we ask that you practice physical distancing as best as possible.
- Please use hand sanitizer that is available at all doors and the Communion line.
We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe as we celebrate the birth of our Lord,
The Staff at Our Lady of the WaysideTags: #archchicago, #christmasmass, #covid19, #olwchurch, #olwparish, #safetyguidelines