REP Update: Weeks of November 15 and 22
Here is the REP Schedule for the Weeks of November 15 and 22, 2021:
- Tuesday, November 16, 4:00 p.m. 1st through 4th grade classes meet
- Tuesday, November 16, 7:00 p.m. 7th and 8th grade classes meet; Homily Evaluation #2 is due: 8th grade only
- Tuesday, November 23, No classes; Happy Thanksgiving!
There probably won’t be many people wishing you Happy New Year on Nov. 28. But the last Sunday of November actually is the beginning of the New Year in the Catholic Church. It marks the official start of the liturgical year. The liturgical year celebrates the sacred mysteries of the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus. It includes the feast of the Ascension and Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit descended upon the apostles.
The Liturgical Seasons
- At Mass that the colors used for vestments and altar cloths during Advent are violet or dark violet, with pink on the Third Sunday of Advent to symbolize hope.
- It begins on Christmas Eve and lasts until the feast of the Baptism of the Lord in January. White or gold are the colors used for vestments and altar cloths.
- ORDINARY TIME. It begins on the Monday after the feast of the Baptism of the Lord and ends when Lent begins. A second period of Ordinary Time follows Pentecost and continues until the beginning of Advent. The color green, a symbol of hope, is used for vestments and altar cloths during Ordinary Time.
- It is a 40-day period of fasting, abstinence and repentance that begins on Ash Wednesday. The color of the vestments and altar cloths are purple.
- It begins with the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus and continues for the next 50 days, until the coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. The color of the Easter season is white.
For more information on the REP Program or to volunteer, please contact Danielle Pitzer at (847) 398-5043 or email@example.com.
Tags: #olwparish, #religioused, #religiouseducation, #REP