Multi-Parish Mission: Sacraments, The Treasury of Our Faith
Date: November 29, 30 and December 1, 2021 (Monday – Wednesday)
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Location: St. Edna Church, 2525 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Evening 1 – The Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation
- Where do you feel comfortable and welcome? Why did Jesus like to party so much? Do you know who the lost member of the Trinity is? What do bowling shoes have to do with Confirmation?
- These questions and many more will be pondered and hopefully answered on Monday night. Will you be there to find the answers or will you miss out and wonder forever?
Evening 2 – The Sacraments of Healing – Anointing of the Sick and Reconciliation
- Why is Hollywood boycotting Vatican II? What is the difference between the 5th and 6th Commandments? Find out why the Arlington Heights Police Department will be flooded with calls on Tuesday night.
- You do not want to miss this night – come and find out why!
Evening 3 – The Sacraments of Vocation – Matrimony and Holy Orders
- Find out why you should never get married. Come and get your dishtowel.
If you are alive
If you are male or female
If you are young or old or somewhere in between
If you are a bishop, priest, deacon, sister, brother, or lay minister
If you are married, divorced, widowed or single
If you have said yes to your vocation or if you are still wondering what it is
You need to be in Church on Wednesday night!
Fr. Tom will ask that a collection be taken at the Mass on the third night for a cause that is very dear to his heart – The Ray and Millie McCarthy Charitable Fund which benefits Augustinian causes dear to his parents’ hearts — namely vocations, formation, and educational endeavors.
Rev. Thomas R. McCarthy, O.S.A. is an experienced teacher, administrator, retreat director and parish mission preacher.
He is a native of the South Side of Chicago. He grew up in St. Adrian Parish in Marquette Park. He received his elementary school education at St. Adrian School and high school education at St. Rita of Cascia High School. He graduated from Villanova University with a B.A. in Communication Arts. He also has a Master of Arts in Educational Administration from Lewis University.
Fr. Tom entered the Midwest Province of the Augustinian Order in 1987. After completing his novitiate, he attended Catholic Theological Union in Chicago and graduated with a Master of Divinity degree.
In 1993 he made his solemn vows as an Augustinian Friar and in 1994 he was ordained to the priesthood.
He did a pastoral internship at St. Clare of Montefalco Parish in Grosse Pointe Park, MI, and taught theology at Providence Catholic High School in New Lenox.
Additional information: Father Tom…
- ministered for 21 years at St. Rita of Cascia High School in Chicago as a teacher, campus minister, Principal, President and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- ministered for nine years as the Vocation Director for the Our Mother of Good Counsel (Midwest) and five years for St. Thomas of Villanova (Eastern) Province.
- spent two years as the Augustinian Advisor to the Office of First- and Second-Year Initiatives – Office of Student Life at Villanova University.
- ministered in Rome as part of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization where he was named a Papal Missionary of Mercy by Pope Francis in 2018.
- spent two years as the Director of the Augustinian Marylake Shrine in King City, Ontario, and the Prior of the Marylake Augustinian Monastery.
- is currently in his 11th year as Vocation Director for the Midwest Province and is also the Director of St. Rita of Cascia Shrine Chapel in Chicago, IL.
- continues to preach parish missions and lead retreats. You can find more information on his website www.frtommccarthy.com