Fall 2021 – Training for New Ministers of Care
This program is designed for persons to be commissioned and mandated as Ministers of Care, in their respective parishes. Ministers will visit and take the Eucharist to those who are hospitalized, in nursing homes or confined to private homes. Full participation in all sessions will fulfill Archdiocesan requirements for mandating. No walk-ins can be accepted.
Reservations: You MUST contact the Ministry of Care Coordinator at your parish prior to registering for this workshop at www.vic1chicago.org.
**Our Lady of the Wayside’s coordinator is Kathy O’Neill: email@example.com. **
When: Saturday, September 18 and September 25th, 2021 Attendance on both Saturdays is required
Location: St. Edna Church 2525 N. Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Gathering: 8:30 A.M. Each Saturday. Personal will be there to direct you to the sessions.
Please bring your own brown bag lunch each Saturday, coffee and water will be provided. Please bring this notice as your agenda. Also bring a note pad and pen to take any personal notes you wish to make.
Saturday, Sept 18th
- 9:00 to 10:45 — Spirituality of the Ministry – Marlene Sweeney
- 11:00 to 12:15 — The Experience of Suffering – Andrea Hug
- 1:00 to 2:30 — Ministerial Procedures – Diane Yannotta
- 2:45 to 3:00 — Wrap-up, Closing prayer
Saturday, Sept 25th
- 9:00 to 10:30 — Pastoral Communication Skills – Amy Florian
- 10:45 to 12:15 — Prayer in Care Ministry – Sr. Mary Barbara Hassler
- 1:00 to 2:30 — Theology of the Eucharist – Fr. Jeremy Thomas
- 2:45 to 3:15 — Closing Ceremony and Certificates