Wheelchair Ramps for Homes

Posted on August 9, 2021 by Published by

The following letter regarding wheelchair ramps was submitted by Greg Padovani, Chairman, Veterans Memorial Committee of Arlington Heights:

Dear Veterans and Friends:

Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley offers many services to help home owners in need.  Lots of good info at:

One of the many services they offer is building wheelchair ramps for homes.  It is part of their Critical Home Repair Program.  These projects include labor and materials.  Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley will cover 75% of the total cost.  The homeowner is responsible for the remaining 25% of the total cost.   Habitat will provide an estimate of costs for homeowner approval before any work begins.

To qualify for this service, homeowners must meet the following eligibility requirements:

·         Have total household incomes at or below 60% of HUD median income (see chart below)

Household Size

1 Person

2 Person

3 Person

4 Person

5 Person

6 Person

Maximum Household Income







 ·         Own (name on title) and live in the home as their primary residence

·         Have paid their property taxes in full

·         Have a Fair Cash Value or Property Value less than $200,000 (see property tax bill)

·         Have homeowner’s insurance

·         Are not in danger of foreclosure of their home and are not planning on selling their home in the next 24 months

If you know of residents in need of a wheelchair ramp at their home AND who live in the Service Area, please contact Jim Zei (contact info below) for an application.  You’ll need to submit the completed application and include a copy of income verification (including Social Security letter,  income tax filing with gross income and all pensions), a copy of your property tax bill, a copy of your homeowners insurance (only the page with effective dates).  Send these to the address or email below.

Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley
Attn: Jim Zei
56 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120
Phone: 847-836-1432
Fax: 847-695-5912


Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed here.