Important Changes Coming In May…
While this pandemic seems to linger on longer than many anticipated, our pastoral staff is making some important changes – where safely possible – to restore worship at Our Lady of the Wayside.
Four notable changes for April/May include:
- Beginning this weekend, votive prayer candles (near the Park Street entrance) will be available for personal prayer intentions. We invite all to light a candle and make a donation for those who have died or for all who have suffered and/or continue to suffer from this pandemic, and for an end to it soon!
- On Sunday, May 2, we will once again begin the celebration 7:30 am Mass! “Early Riser” Mass will be open to the public. Preregistration is required and can be done online through SignUp Genius or, if you require assistance, by contacting Mari Torgerson in our parish office at (847) 253-5353.
- On weekdays, beginning Monday, May 3, our Church will be open for personal prayer between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Drop in and pray as often as you can. Welcome home!
- On Pentecost Sunday, May 23, we will celebrate an Outdoor Family Mass of Joy and Thanksgiving at 11:30 am, in the parking lot between our church and middle school. Let’s fill the space with families and parishioners and let the Angels in Heaven hear our collective voices as we pray and sing as one united Our Lady of the Wayside family!
Additional changes are also in the works. Here is just a preview:
- The return of Altar Servers
- The return of Eucharistic Ministers
- The return of families bringing up the gifts during the offertory
- The return of the collection (using baskets on a pole)
- An important “Ministry Revival” program
We sincerely thank our parish family for your patience and cooperation during these trying times. It has not been easy, but – together – we are OLW Strong! We also thank our outstanding volunteers who – through their passion and donations of time, talent and treasure – have brought us to this important juncture.
Our Holy Mother and the Holy Spirit lift us up and propel us forward! More to come. Please stay tuned for future announcements.
Deacon Peter LeTourneau,
Director of Parish Ministry & Evangelization