What do the Archdiocesan COVID-19 Measures Mean For OLW?
Posted on March 14, 2020
What this means at Our Lady of the Wayside Parish
- Confirmation Masses scheduled for Saturday are postponed, date to be determined.
- Saturday morning Reconciliation (11am to Noon) has been suspended. If you need to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, please call the Parish Center (847-253-5353) and make an appointment with Father.
- Mass is suspended this weekend; this includes 5pm Mass on Saturday March 14, 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am and 6pm Mass on Sunday, March 15
- Morning Communion Services at 7:00am weekdays, 8:30am Saturday and weekday Masses at 8:30am are suspended
- The Church will be open for private prayer at the following times, but please follow social distancing guidelines and remain six-feet apart from other worshippers
- Saturday March 14 from 4-6pm
- Sunday March 15 from 7am-12noon
- Weekdays March 16-20 from 7am – 3pm
- The Parish Office will be open from 9am to 5pm during the week.
- Televised and online Masses allow you to remain connected in some way to the Mass.
- EWTN televises Mass Daily at 7am CT.
- The Archdiocese broadcasts and records Sunday Mass from Holy Name Cathedral here: https://radiotv.archchicago.org/television/broadcast-masses.
- The WGN-TV Channel 9 broadcasts the Sunday Mass at Mercy Home for Boys and Girls at 9:30 a.m.
- Relevant Radio broadcasts daily mass at noon on their website: https://relevantradio.com
- St James Parish is posting weekday and Sunday Mass at 10:30am on their website: https://www.stjamesah.org
- OLW School is closed starting Monday March 16 until further notice; teachers and students will move to e-learning during the school closure.
- REP Classes are suspended until further notice.
- Weddings and Funerals will be celebrated as scheduled at this time until further notice.
- Baptisms which are normally celebrated communally on the first and third Sundays will be suspended temporarily until a protocol can be worked out.
- Generally, if small gatherings or meetings are to take place, please follow social distancing guidelines and remain six-feet apart from others.
- Our maintenance staff will continue to ensure that public areas on our campus are thoroughly cleaned.