Mass Registration & Information
*IMPORTANT WEEKEND MASS REGISTRATION UPDATE: Click HERE for details
Our Lady of the Wayside Church is open for Masses and other services. Attendance numbers are limited by Archdiocese and State of Illinois COVID-19 directives to 20% of total Church capacity (125 congregants maximum). Face masks must be worn at all church activities. Please bring hand sanitizer if you have it and follow usher instructions while attending.
Please arrive AT LEAST 15 MINUTES EARLY for pre-screening, to assure safe social distances, and so Mass can begin promptly.
Masses are offered as follows…
- Weekdays: Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sundays: 9:30 and 11:30 am, 6:00 pm
All church services require preregistration to attend. To preregister, click on the links below. If you require assistance preregistering, please contact Kathy Freiburger in the parish office at (847) 253-5353.
Sacraments & Adoration:
- Weekdays (Mondays & Tuesdays)
Saturday Vigil and Sunday Masses:
Registration OPENS at 7:00 am the Friday before each Mass, and CLOSES 90 minutes before the start of each Mass below.
- Saturday, January 16, 5:00 pm
- Sunday, January 17, 9:30 am
- Sunday, January 17, 11:30 am
- Sunday, January 17, 6:00 pm
- Saturday, January 23, 5:00 pm
- Sunday, January 24, 9:30 am
- Sunday, January 24, 11:30 am
- Sunday, January 24, 6:00 pm
- Saturday, January 30, 5:00 pm
- Sunday, January 31, 9:30 am
- Sunday, January 31, 11:30 am
- Sunday, January 31, 6:00 pm
Daily and Saturday Vigil Masses:
Daily and Saturday Vigil masses are also live-streamed on Facebook and available on-demand after. This is to provide those unable or not quite ready to attend live Mass the opportunity to attend virtually. Dispensation for spiritual communion continues to be offered by the Archdiocese. If you feel sick, are hesitant, or are considered part of the ‘vulnerable population,’ we encourage you to continue attending mass virtually for the time being.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there are no missals in the pews but you may use this link to view this weekend’s readings and congregational responses.
- Sanitize your hands before receiving communion. Hand sanitizer is provided as you approach the front of church.
- Receive communion in your hand with your face mask on.
- Step to the side, remove your mask temporarily to consume communion.
- Replace your face mask and return to your seat.
|Reopening Team Volunteers Needed: With the expansion of masses, we have urgent need for additional Reopening Team Volunteers (Setup/Greeters and Cleaners/Closers). If you are interested in supporting the mission of making masses and church services possible, please click here for registration information or click here to register.|
Prior to attending Mass or other church services, please review the following documents so you’ll know what to expect and do as you return to Church:
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers On The Path to Reopening
- Tips For All Worshipers – What to Expect
We ask that you please continue to be patient with our reopening team and “the process” as we bring our parish back online. Our dedicated Reopening Team volunteers are investing many hours in an extremely fluid, constantly changing, environment to make reopening possible. All are dedicated to helping balance parishioner safety with their spiritual needs.
We eagerly await the day we can fully assemble without restriction, raise our collective voices and give glory to God. May the Holy Spirit shine His light and blessings on us all. Holy Mother, Our Lady of the Wayside, pray for us!