OLW Seeks a Youth Ministry Director
The Youth Ministry Director at Our Lady of the Wayside Parish is a member of the parish staff who works as a pastoral minister involved in a variety of ministries that serve to support and strengthen parish outreach to area youth (herein defined as seventh to twelfth grade). This includes a variety of new and existing opportunities and programs designed to evangelize and form our youth.
This position is full time.
- Coordinate curriculum calendar for high school students including fellowship nights, social nights, Kairos retreat, selecting materials, recruiting and training of group leaders (Core Team), mission trip, fundraising opportunities, and 6 p.m. Sunday teen Masses.
- Coordinate Encounter Sunday Program for the 7th-8th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders (Core Team) and confirmation leaders (catechists).
- Coordinate curriculum calendar for middle school students including selecting materials, recruiting and training group leaders, coordinating the Confirmation retreat, and leading Confirmation rehearsals and Confirmation Masses.
- Manage Confirmation program according to Diocesan Guidelines, and in partnership with the Faith Formation team and parish Evangelization strategies.
- Work closely with the Faith Formation team and Evangelization core team to help facilitate an integrated, organized and comprehensive Faith Formation Program.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates volunteer Faith Formation personnel through recruitment of team catechists and volunteers, aiding in catechist goal-setting, and modeling best teaching practices.
- Within the guidelines set by Diocesan Office of Child and Youth Protection, develop appropriate relationships with students with the focus of leading them closer to Christ through the example of discipleship.
- Attend activities off church property such as sporting events, plays, musicals and award ceremonies, as able to do so.
- Work closely with other parish staff to manage communication, including website, social media and bulletin content for high school and middle school activities and Confirmation activities.
- Reports to and works closely with Director of Faith Formation to continue the process of evangelization and formation for middle school and high school students.
- Maintains a presence at Our Lady of the Wayside School buildings to build relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Attend all pertinent Archdiocesan/Vicariate meetings and Our Lady of the Wayside staff meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Practicing Catholic who fully adheres to and models the Church’s teachings in faith and morals (Cf., “Code of Ethics for Catechetical Leaders,” National Certification Standards for Lay Ecclesial Ministers. 2003. p. xxv.).
- Registered with the Archdiocese of Chicago Protecting God’s Children/Virtus program.
- Excellent people skills with a heart for middle school and high school youth and their parents.
- An approach to ministry rooted in personal prayer and scriptural reflection.
- Comfortable and willing to work and collaborate within multiple teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and program and event planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven success in creating and implementing programs.
- Excellence in oral and written communication, including public speaking and social media resources within responsible use according to diocesan guidelines.
- Must be consistently available to minister on nights and weekends.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on projects, events, and ministry activities.
- Bachelors Degree required; Major in theology, education, pastoral studies, or youth ministry preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in education, administration, management, evangelization, training and equipping teens between 7th and 12 grades.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, web content management, social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to Danielle Pitzer, Director of Lifelong Faith Formation, at email@example.com.Tags: #helpwanted, #olw, #olwparish, #olwschool, #positionavailable, #REP, #youthministry, #youthministrydirector