REP Update: Weeks of October 25 and November 1
Here is the REP Schedule for the Weeks of October 25 and November 1, 2021
- Tuesday, October 26, 4:00 pm, 1st through 4th grade classes meet
- Tuesday, October 26, 7:00 pm, 5th and 6th grade classes meet
- Tuesday, October 26, 7:15 pm, 2nd grade Parent Meeting both REP and School
- Tuesday, November 2, 4:00 pm, 1st through 4th grade classes meet
- Tuesday, November 2, 7:00 pm, 7th and 8th grade classes meet
Note: Homily Evaluation #1 is due for both 7th and 8th graders on Tuesday, November 2
- Tuesday, November 2, 7:15 p.m. 8th grade Parent Meeting both REP and School
Students, please remember to bring your books and folders to class.
Why Do We Pray?
This week many of our REP students will review a lesson on the reasons why we pray. Let’s focus on why we pray in light of today’s Gospel message.
Blind Bartimaeus calls out to Jesus to cure him of his blindness. Because Bartimaeus believes Jesus will cure him, he is saved. Sometimes we are blind, too. We can have trouble seeing our own faults or we don’t see the truth about God. When we discover we have been blind to something, we can call out to Jesus to cure us. When we trust in him he will cure us too.
This is one answer to the question, “Why do we pray?” Your REP student will likely give you several other answers to the question. Make time this week to ask your student what they learned about prayer. From thekidsbulletin.com
For more information on the REP Program or to volunteer, please contact Danielle Pitzer at (847) 398-5043 or email@example.com.Tags: #olwparish, #religioused, #religiouseducation, #REP