REP News – Week of March 9th
Sunday, March 8
- Samantha Jaski, one of our 8th grade students will be receiving her First Communion at the 7:30 a.m. Mass.
Monday, March 9
- Final practice for Confirmation 10:00 a.m. Mass, (L-Z). Confirmandi, Parents and Sponsors. Students and sponsor are to meet in the Elementary Building at 6:45 p.m.to process over to Church. One parent is to go directly to Church. Practice is from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 10
The following R.E.P. grades have classes:
- Grades 1-4: These students will be attending the Stations of the Cross in Church. Mrs. Byrom’s fourth grade R.E.P. class has special participation.
- Grades 5-6: Grades 5-6 have class. The sixth grade students are attending the Torah presentation. Students are introduced to the study of the Old Testament. Part of the curriculum deals with the Torah, the first five books of Hebrew Scripture. Mrs. Anne Stein brings her Torah presentation in the gym and spreads it our for the children to view as part of her presentation. Parents and parishioners are invited to come for the presentation and see what students are learning about the ancestors of Jesus. This presentation begins at 7:10 p.m. in the gym on Tuesday, March 10. All R.E.P. grade 6 students will be in attendance.
Thursday, March 12
- Final Practice for Confirmation 10:00 a.m. Mass, (A-K). Confirmandi, Parents and Sponsors. Students and sponsor are to meet in the Elementary Building at 6:45 p.m. to process over to Church. One parent is to go directly to Church. Practice is from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Friday, March 13
- The OLW school students are attending the Stations of the Cross at 12:30 p.m. in Church.
- The gym will be setup for the Confirmation Reception.
Saturday, March 14
- Sacrament of Confirmation. Masses at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Administered by Bishop Robert Casey
Registrations for next year’s R.E.P. programs will be mailed the last week of March and will be due before April 30, 2020 in order to avoid a late fee. Registrations will only be mailed to families in which there is no outstanding balance for this year. Please contact Louise Dickey, 847-398-5011, or email
Because the Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered Saturday, March 14 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. there will not be General Confession in church at 11:00 a.m. Please know if you wish to have your confession heard that week please call Kathy Freiburger at the parish office to make an appointment. General Confessions will resume as usual on March 21st.