Meals On Wheels Update
Have you wanted to help those in need in our community but are too busy for a long term commitment? Meals on Wheels just might be the answer. Our Lady of the Wayside covers two routes in the month of September only. We deliver meals in Wheeling Township Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to about 12:30 p.m.
Here’s a brief overview of the job…
- Pick one day a week in September
- Call Dan or Cy with your availability
- Come to a brief instructional meeting Wednesday, August 21 after the 8:30 a.m. mass in the Cabrini Room in the Parish Center
- Receive your route (directions from residence to residence) and partner name at the meeting
- On your delivery day(s), go to the Lutheran Home to pick up your meals
- Deliver 8-12 meals with a partner on your day(s)
- Return the hot meal pack to the Lutheran Home
- Smile and know you have helped fulfill a basic human need
More information and details will be shared at the meeting. Can’t attend the meeting? Need to split your route? Can only volunteer once or twice? No worries. We’ll make it work. We look forward to hearing from you and joining us in this joyful mission.
Dan Stubing or Cy Kabat